The beauty of the indoor growing system is the fact that you can be able to grow your own crops indoors. This is one of the best options and it has the advantage of providing the perfect environment for the plants that you wish to grow. If you have never bought a 2×4 grow tent in the past, the process may be rather demanding. However, at the end of this guide, you should be able to pick the best grow tent for the money.
I have picked some of the high quality growing tents and reviewed them so as to make it easier for you to make an informed decision. There are so many different sizes tent and one of the things that I will take you through is how to pick the right size gardening tent. Before going ahead of ourselves, let me talk about the growing tent basics.
Hydroponic Plants Growing Tent Benefits:
Before looking at the benefits of the indoor gardening tents, it is advisable to start by understanding what it is. This is a kit that comes with poles and a fabric that will be used as a tent cover. Once it is set up, you will be able to control the environment where your plants grow. A hydroponic grow tent comes with so many advantages and we will explore some of the main ones that you stand to gain.
- Does not Take up Space: One of the constant things that you will find in most grow tent reviews is the fact you do not need too much space. The indoor growing tents do not take up a lot of space and even with a small room, you can use part of it to set up the tent.
- Fresh Plants with No Odor: Unlike the other indoor gardening systems that cause odor, the quality indoor plant’s tent comes with air circulation systems and is also tightly sealed. This will ensure that there is no odor emitted and that the plants remain fresh all through.
- Perfect Atmosphere for Plants: The quality tent will give you absolute control of the environment and this is what will promote proper growth for the plants. There will be no room for external interference to affect your plants.
- Portable: If you have started indoor gardening and for some reason, you have to relocate, you will easily move with the tent, since it is portable.
- Grow Organic Crops: Through the hydroponic gardening, you can grow organic crops and not have to worry about the season of the crops.
How To Pick The Right Size Indoor Plants Growing Tent?
You may really be in love with the 2×4 grow tent, but there instances where it may not be the ideal size. As such, I thought it wise to put together a number of indicators that will help you in being able to buy the right size of a growing tent.
- Availability of Space:
The space that you have available will be one of the key indicators for the tent size that can be considered. It is imperative to take up the measurements of the space so that you can have a rough idea of the size of the grow tent that would fit in that place.
- Type of Crops:
As you may have already realized, plants grow in different ways and to different heights. This is why you will need to consider the type of plants that you wish to go, in the choice of the tent size. You would not want to end up with a grow tent that will not allow the plants to grow as they ought to.
- Gardening Style:
What method of gardening is being used inside the grow tent? Do you intend to use grow pots or gallons, and if so, what sizes? This is another indicator that will make it easier for you to decide if the grow tent 2×4 is the right one for you.
- Features and Accessories:
The accessories and features of the tents vary in terms of their sizes and quantities. As such, this will give you the ideal environment for the plants. You should find the right size of the tent that does not compromise on the overall functionality of the tents.
- Budget Range:
It is a great idea to go shopping for the best grow tent for the money, with a budget in mind. This will help in narrowing down to specific models and sizes. The size of a tent will influence the price and as such, with a budget in mind, it is much easier to pick the indoor garden tents that are perfect for you. Read this Article to know more about how to buy a right Size Tent.
Our Top Pick 2×4 Grow Tent Reviews
There are so many different models of the hydroponic gardening tents and this makes it overwhelming to pick one that is suitable for you. With these grow tent reviews, I have picked the top rated grow tents so as to help you with the decision on the most suitable indoor gardening tent for you. Here are the best choices, which I have tested and confirmed that they are worth buying:
VIVOSUN 48″x24″x60″ Mylar Hydroponic Grow Tent with Observation Window and Floor Tray for Indoor Plant Growing 2’x4′
You need not go for low quality models when you have the Vivosun grow tent that is made with incredible craftsmanship. This is one tent that has high quality parts and will ensure that your indoor gardening activities are carried out in the best way possible. There is a removable floor tray that is waterproof, in this tent. This is where you will place your plants and the fact that it is covered with a Mylar film, makes it highly reflective. The carbon filters inside the tent are responsible for air purification.
When it comes to the setup and mounting of this tent, you will not struggle. One, there is an instructions manual that has been provided by the manufacturers. In addition, there are tool free connectors that will allow you to assemble the grow tent in a very short time. If you are the type of people who would want to keep an eye on the plants, there is an observation window on this tent to make it easier for you to view plants, without going into the tent.
The inner bag that has been added to the Mylar hydroponic grow tent is quite useful for purposes of storing your tools and other supplies. This is a highly reflective indoor gardening tent and also 100% light proof. It is made of a high quality 600D outer cover, which has a Mylar lining on the interior. There are dual ventilation socks that will aid proper air circulation in the tent. There is also a solid zipper that zips up without any problems.
Vivosun Indoor Plant Growing Tent Core Features
- The Vivosun tent is 99% reflective, which is a great thing as it allows your plants to have access to adequate lighting, for proper growth.
- This hydroponic garden tent is also 100% light proof and this made possible by the extra thick fabric and a solid zipper.
- This indoor plants growing tent is built to last as you will notice that the canvas is 600D, which is a high density and in addition to this, the zipper and the canvas are double stitched.
- This Mylar hydroponic 2×4 Grow Tent comes with tool free connectors and as such, you will not need to use any tools when setting it up.
- There is an observation window on the tent that allows you to monitor and observe the growth process of the plants, without going into the tent.
Quictent SGS Approved Eco-friendly 48″x24″x84″ Reflective Mylar Hydroponic Grow Tent with Heavy Duty Anti-burst Zipper and waterproof Floor Tray for Indoor Plant Growing 4’x2’
The Quictent grow tent is one of a kind in that it is light proof, making it almost impossible for the light to escape from the tent. If you are safety conscious and love to preserve the environment, then you will love everything about this model. It is eco-friendly and safe for your plants as well as your household. The easy process of assembling this indoor gardening tent is another great advantage. This is made possible by the tool free connectors that the tent comes with.
The Quictent hydroponic grow tent has been approved by SGC, which makes it safe. There is an observation window that has been included. This is a convenient feature in that it allows you to monitor your plants, without having to open the zipper. There a removable and waterproof floor tray, which is easy to clean. This tent is highly reflective of the floor tray and the interior lining are made of Mylar. This will intensify the light that is emitted by the grow lights.
The extra thick canvas, with a density of 600D is quite durable and makes the tent light proof. In addition, this heavy duty grow tent has the anti-burst metal zipper that will keep the tent tightly sealed. As such, you will not have to worry about the light escaping from the tent. This is a high quality hydroponic gardening tent that has been built to last and you will not have any regrets when you choose to buy this model.
Quictent grow tent Core Features
- If you need an eco-friendly tent that is safe for your plants and loved ones, then the Quictent tent is safe as it is certified by the SGS.
- There is an observation window that has been included in this tent and it is large enough. This allows you to monitor the growth of the crops, from the outside.
- The hydroponic tent does not need any tools to set it up. It comes with tool free connectors and this has made it easy to set it up.
- The grow tent is highly reflective as it has a Mylar film, as the interior lining. This has also been used on the floor tray and this will enhance the light produced by the grow lights.
- The anti-burst metal zipper and the high quality fabric, which is 600D, are mainly responsible for making sure that there are no light leaks on this heavy duty gardening tent.
Gorilla Grow Tent GGT24 Tent, 2 by 4 by 6-Feet/11-Inch, Black
You may go round looking for a great grow tent but can assure you that the Gorilla grow tent is one of the best models. Whether you are a pro or just a beginner in gardening, this would be a perfect choice. One of the things that you will love about this indoor tent is the patented height adjusting mechanism on the poles. As such, you will not have to worry about the plants that are growing as you will be able to adjust the height accordingly. In fact, you can be able to raise it all the way to 10 inches.
The ducting ports positions will come configured and as such, you will not have to worry about them. All you need to do is to attach the relevant accessories so as to achieve the desired environment. The EZ view window is quite large and this has been included as a convenient feature. Ideally, you can be able to take a look at the plants, without having to open the zipper. With a 360 degrees access on the doorways, you are guaranteed easier access into the grow tent.
The 10 inch double clinching ducting ports and the 1680D, thick canvas are some of the features that guarantee that the 2×4 grow tent will last a long time. There is an interlocking frame that enhances the sturdiness of the growing tent. As if this is not enough, there is also an infrared blocking roof that will be responsible for making sure that the temperatures are well contained inside the tent. The dense stitching and the tight seals will see to it that there will be no odor from the tent.
Gorilla growing tent Core Features
- The outer cover of this indoor plants growing tent has a density of 1680D, which is the thickest that you will find on the market.
- There are height adjusting poles on the Gorilla tent and they can be raised up to 10 inches high.
- The interlocking frame of this tent is quite essential and contributes significantly to the stability and sturdiness of the grow tent.
- There are tool free connectors that will make it easier to assemble the tent since you will not use any tools. The tool pouch inside the tent is convenient for storage of supplies.
- The infrared blocking roof will keep the temperatures in the tent cool. This is essential in keeping the plants fresh since they get the right amount of heat.
How Many Plants Fit in 2×4 Size Indoor Tent?
With the 2×4 size tent, you can be able to grow up to small sized 8 plants, conveniently. This is a spacious tent that can help you with all the indoor gardening needs. However, you need to consider having adequate lighting, since it is recommended that you have 2 to 4 plants under one grow light. The style of gardening, as well as the size of gallons or pots being used, will determine the number of plants that will be accommodated.
How to Assemble A indoor gardening tent?
The procedure for setting up the indoor tents is almost similar. When your package arrives, it comes with instructions on the installation, which should be the main reference point. Here is a compressed guide to the process of mounting a hydroponic grow tent:
What the package includes:
- Grow tent kit
- Grow lights
- Carbon filter
Step 1: Mounting the Frame
The first step when you have to install a tent is to ensure that you have a space that is designated for the setup. This is where you will assemble the metal poles and other bars so as to have an erected frame. It is advisable to ensure that the parts fit in as instructed.
Step 2: Hang the Lights
Choose the right growing lights if your tent did not come with the lighting from the manufacturer. Hang the lights on the support bars and you can also choose to use rope ratchets for this purpose.
Step 3: Place Fans
With proper ducting in the growing tents, you can choose the fans that you want to install. The exhaust fan is one of the most critical fans and you should have this hanging on the support bars as well.
Step 4: Install Carbon Filter
Remember that the purification of air is done by the carbon filter. Place at the back of the tent and you will have no odor inside the grow tent. You can hang the carbon filter using rope ratchets. The main advantage with the rope ratchets is that they make it easier to adjust the accessories without affecting the plants.
Step 5: Cover The Frame with Canvas
The last step is to have the frame covered using the outer fabric for the hydroponic tent. Once this done, you should place the floor tray inside the tent. Test all the features and if everything is working as required, you can bring in your first batch of plants.
While this guide can be of great use when it comes to setting up a tent, the main reference point should be the one that you have received from the manufacturer. There may be some different provisions and features that your model comes with and this is why it is imperative to ensure that you stick to what the manufacturer provides.Read this articles https://gardenersyards.com/building-perfect-indoor-grow-room/to know 10 Steps to Building the Perfect Indoor Grow Room
Frequently Asked Questions:
Q: What is the average size of the duct port openings on the tent?
A: The standard grows tent comes with vent holes that are 6 inches, in size. However, there are draw strings, which are attached and this will make it easier to tighten or loosen the duct openings.
Q: Can I use extensions to extend the height of the indoor tent?
A: Yes, you can use extensions to extend the height of the grow tents so as to be able to accommodate the plants that you are growing. However, it is important to ensure that you get a recommendation from the manufacturer on the right height extender.
Q: Do I have to worry about the odor coming from my growing tent?
A: You can be able to contain any foul smell and prevent it from being emitted. An air circulation system is essential and a carbon filter to keep away the odor.
Congratulations for having come this far, by now I know you must be excited about the top rated gardening tent. You should be able to make a sound decision as far as the best quality indoor gardening plants tent. I know that there are tons of brands on the market and this is why I have come up with this guide so as to give you pointers that will help you pick the best grow tent for the money. This is a great chance for you to learn and start indoor gardening.
I picked some of the best grow tents on the market and reviewed them. From my top 3 picks, I advocate for the VIVOSUN 48″x24″x60″ Mylar HydroponicTent with Observation Window and Floor Tray for Indoor Plant Growing. This is a great option and will serve the purpose of a great 2×4 grow tent. If this guide has been of great help, please share it with others. Keep it here for the latest details on indoor plants growing tent and related accessories.