What if I told you that you can grow any plant that you want any time of the year? This is the main advantage of getting the best grow tent as it will allow you to grow crops hydroponically. This is an indoor gardening system, which does not require you to use a whole room or even construct any walls. All you need to do is finding the high quality growing tents and you can grow any plants that you so desire.
The challenge lies when you have to make a choice from the various models and brands that are on the market. This is why I have done grow tent reviews, so as to make it easier for you. There are so many brands as well and it would only be reasonable to narrow down your search for the quality indoor gardening tent. On this guide, I will discuss a number of issues that pertain to the indoor growing tent and how to find the ideal one.
Are hydroponic plants growing tent worth it?
The high quality tents allow you to enjoy a wide range of benefits. As such, all you need to do is ensure that you have the right indoor grow tent. Here are some of the advantages of owning a hydro tent:
- Controlled Environment for Plant Growth: If you have an all in one growing tent, then this will allow you to have full control of the atmosphere. This will keep pests away and other external elements that may interfere with the proper growth of plants.
- Grow Organic Crops: You have the benefit of leading a very healthy lifestyle with the hydroponic tent in that you can grow your own organic food.
- Eliminates Bad Smell: One of the biggest challenges for indoor gardening is the odor that is emitted. With a hydroponic grow tent, you will not need to worry about this as it comes with a thick fabric, which is tightly sealed and there are air purification systems.
- Right Atmosphere for Plants: The main feature of tents is the grow lights, which will provide the lighting and heat that is needed for proper plant growth.
- Uses Little Space: Even if you live in the city in a tiny apartment, you can still have a garden. There are different sizes tent, and as such, you can find one that will fit into the space that you have available. This may be a good opportunity for you to embrace your gardening skills.
Factors to Consider To Pick the Right Size Grow Tent?
You may be really focused on getting a budget grow tent, but what is most important is to ensure that you have the right size indoor garden tent. There a number of considerations that you should bear in mind when looking for a tent so that you can find the right size. Here are some essential considerations:
- Availability of Space:
How much space do you have for the indoor gardening tent? This is one of the most critical considerations that you need to pay attention to. You will need to have the exact measurements of the space so that you can be able to pick the tent that will fit in, perfectly. It can be quite annoying to come with a tent and realize that it is either too large or too small for space.
- Crops to Grow:
It is also important to consider the plants that will be grown in the indoor grow systems. There are plants that will require more space for their height than others. As such, you need to consider this so as not to end up with a tent that will hinder the proper growth of the plants. Find out as much as you can about the plants that you intend to grow so as not to end up with a tent that is not a suitable fit.
- Method of Gardening:
While the indoor tent will give you the chance to carry out indoor gardening, there are so many different gardening methods and this will influence the size of the tent you will choose. If you are using pots or gallons to grow your plants, their sizes should be factored in so as to be able to pick the ideal size of your tent.
- Features and Accessories:
How many accessories do you wish to have in your tent and how are their being supported? This is a pertinent question that will help you to pick the right size for an indoor gardening tent. You will want a tent that is large enough to support the accessories, without interfering with plant growth.
- Price Factor:
As logic would have it, a larger tent will cost more than a smaller one. As such, it is important to have the price range in mind, which will determine the size of hydroponic growing tent that you will end up with. When doing this, you should consider the specific features that each model has so that you can end up picking the best grow tent for the money. Read this Article to know more about how to buy a right Size Tent.
Which is The Best Grow Tent?
Having understood the benefits of the indoor grow systems, you must be excited to buy one. However, since there are so many models on the market, the indoor plants growing tent reviews below should help you make a good decision. This should help you in your decision. Here is the top rated indoor gardening tent that I can recommend:
VIVOSUN 36″x36″x72″ Mylar Hydroponic Grow Tent with Observation Window and Floor Tray for Indoor Plant Growing 3’x3′
The Vivosun grow tent comes with an observation window, which will allow you to monitor your plants as they grow. Ideally, this will help you observe the plants without having to open the tent. There is an inner tool bag that is integrated inside this tent and this will be a convenient storage for all the tools and accessories. This tent is light proof and the canvas is thick enough and the zipper will seal tightly, such that there will be no light escaping.
The installation of the 3×3 grow tent is quite easy as the metal poles have tool free connectors. You will be able to set up the tent without any tools and it will be easy and fast. The Mylar hydroponic grow tent comes with an interior lining that is highly reflective and will reflect the light from the grow lights. In addition, the removable floor tray also has a Mylar film, which is reflective and will boost the intensity of the lights as well. The dual ventilation socks that are inside the tent will provide adequate lighting and heat.
The tent is quite secure as it has heavy duty SBS zipper that will zip up smoothly and also open without any problems. Overall, the Vivosun 3×3 size tent is made of high quality materials and is definitely built to last. The metal poles are sturdy and strong and the canvas is quite thick with a density of 600D. Get this grow tent and start your indoor gardening right away.
Vivosun Mylar Hydroponic Tent Core Features
- The Vivosun hydroponic tent is highly reflective as it has a Mylar lining and removable floor tray, which reflect the light to the plants.
- This tent is easy to install as it comes with tool-free connectors. You will not need any tools to set it up.
- This is a light proof tent as it does not allow any light to escape, thanks to the thick canvas and the heavy duty zippers.
- The easy view window on this Mylar hydroponic grow tent will allow you to observe the plants, without going into the tent.
- The zipper is heavy duty and as such, they will seal the tent tightly, such that there will be no odor coming out.
Apollo Horticulture 60”x60”x80” Mylar Hydroponic Grow Tent for Indoor Plant Growing
For you to succeed in indoor gardening, you need to have an efficient system and the Apollo horticulture grow tent is one of a kind. The tent has been designed in such a manner that it will give you the best set up for growing plants hydroponically. It has a highly reflective interior lining that is made of Mylar and will reflect 97% of the light from the grow lights to the plants. As such, you will be able to provide adequate lighting for your plants, without inflating the energy bills.
This is a 5×5 grow tent that is made to ensure that the environment is fully controlled. The heavy duty zippers are designed in such a way that they will open and zip up easily. This is a sure way of keeping out any unwanted interference. Anytime that you need to go into the tent, you will be able to access with so much ease. There is a removable floor tray, which will be on the floor, and this is where the plants will be placed. The tray also has a reflective film that will enhance the lighting.
The Apollo Indoor Plant Growing is quite popular as it gives you all that you would want for indoor gardening. The metal poles are quite durable and have tool free metal connectors. As such, the process of assembling it is quite easy and straightforward. The outer cover is extra thick and tears proof, making it ideal for you proper plant growth. This is a 5×5 size tent will give you the best hydroponic farming experience and it is worth considering.
Apollo Indoor Plant Growing Tent Core Features
- The process of assembly and installation of this 5×5 grow tent is much easy as there are tool free connectors and an instructions pamphlet.
- The Mylar film on the removable tray as well as on the interior lining on the Apollo horticulture tent will reflect the light from the grow lights to the plants.
- The tent is fully light proof and has been made in such a manner that all the light that is produced by the grow lights will be contained inside.
- The Apollo growing tent 5×5 size also comes with heavy duty zippers and very strong metal poles. These are features that are meant to enhance the durability and sturdiness of the tent.
- The canvas on the tent is quite thick, with a density of 600D. This makes the Apollo Indoor Plant Growing tent ideal as the outer cover is tear proof.
Oshion 2x2x4 Feet Small Indoor Mylar Hydroponics Grow Tent Room (24″x 24″x 48″)
A 2×2 grow tent is ideal for anyone who has a very small space but wants to engage in gardening. This is a hydroponic gardening tent that will give you all that is needed to be able to carry out gardening in your room. There is great attention to detail and all the parts are made of high quality material, which is built to last. There are solid zippers that are strong but will open smoothly when you need to access the tent.
The Oshion grow tent is easy to set up as it comes will corner connections and easy click poles. You will not need any tools to be able to put up the tent as all the parts will fit in together easily. When the zipper is closed, there are flaps that will cover it so as to ensure that the tent is 100% light proof. As far as the cleanup process goes, the 2×2 size gardening tent has a removable floor tray that can be removed easily.
The outer canvas is black and is quite thick, with a density of 600D. As such, this is a material that will last for a very long time and will also ensure that all the light is blocked. Inside the tent, there is a Mylar lining, which is highly reflective and as such, 99% of the light that is reflected the plants. Over and above with this small indoor grow tent, you will be able to create the perfect environment for your plants to thrive in.
Oshion indoor growing tent Core Features
- This 2×2 grow tent comes with very strong and thick support bars and metal poles, which will give you exceptional stability.
- The Oshion 2×2 size has the ability to block the light from coming in or escaping as it is 100% lightproof.
- The Mylar spill tray on the floor on the Oshion tent is removable and this makes it easy to clean. It is also water resistant.
- This small indoor growing tent has a thick material used outside, which is 600D and also have heavy duty zippers with cover flaps, making it tightly sealed.
- The assembly and set up of this small best grow tent is easy as it comes with easy click poles and metal connectors.
Quictent SGS Approved Eco-friendly 48″x48″x71″ Roof Cube Grow Tent Reflective Mylar Hydroponic with Obeservation Window and waterproof Floor Tray for Indoor Plant Growing 4’x4’
The Quictent 4×4 grow tent is highly reflective, which makes it efficient in indoor gardening. The inner lining is made of Mylar, which is quite strong and tear proof and reflective. This means that you will have all the light from the grow lights reflected the plants. The canvas that covers the tent is also thick, with a high density of 600D. This is what makes this tent to rank as the best option on the market, due to its durability. There is a manual that you will use as a reference for setting up and maintaining the tent.
The grow tent 4×4 size comes with a waterproof and removable floor tray. This is also covered with a Mylar lining, which is reflective and it will be easy to clean. All the materials that are used in the making of the tent are of high quality and you will love every bit of it. Your plants will be safe to grow under this tent. The coated connectors and steel plates will make the fabric slide easily for fast and easy assembly. You will take a very short time to erect the Quictent tent.
This is one of the best models of a tent since it is eco-friendly and certified by the SGS. If you are growing plants indoors, this would be the best option as it does not pollute the environment. There is an observation window that has been included on the Mylar hydroponic grow tent, which gives you the convenience to monitor your plants, without opening the tent. With this indoor system, you will be able to provide an ideal atmosphere for your plants to grow.
Quictent Eco-friendly growing tent Core Features
- The 4×4 indoor gardening tent is 100% light proof as it has a very thick fabric that cannot easily tear and does not leak any light.
- The Quictent grow tent is approved by SGS and it is regarded as one of the eco-friendly tents that you can safely use to grow your plants.
- When setting up the tent, you will have a guiding manual to refer to and there are tool free connectors that will make the process much easier.
- The 4×4 size gardening tent comes with extra thick net poles, which will ensure that the tent is stable and strong enough.
- The heavy duty zipper comes with an anti-burst feature and it is also water resistant, making the Mylar hydroponic tent a great option to consider.
iPower 96″x48″x78″ Hydroponic Water-Resistant Grow Tent with Removable Floor Tray for Indoor Seedling Plant Growing 4’x8′
This iPower 8×4 grow tent makes the whole process of indoor gardening easier and you will love every bit of it. This is a tent that allows you to control the heat and lighting of the tent, so as to create the right environment for your plants to grow in the right environment. The interior Mylar lining in the tent is highly reflective and as such, you will be able to intensify the light and heat, without increasing the amount of energy spent.
The iPower grow tent is one that will not let you down as it is built to last. All the parts of the tent are of high quality and as such, you can be able to use it for growing different plants like fruits, herbs and vegetables. Actually, you will not need to worry about seasonal plants as you can grow whatever you want, at any time of the year. You will have absolute control of the internal environment and as such, you will be able to get the harvest that you desire.
The frame of this 4×8 grow tent is quite strong and has a solid construction, as it is it made of high quality tubes. There are supporting bars, as well, which are sting enough to handle your accessories. When it comes to the setup, the hydro tent has tool free connectors, which means that you will not need any tools to be able to put up the tent. If you are looking for a best grow tent for indoor gardening that you can fully trust, then this would be the ideal choice.
iPower Hydroponic Water Resistant Tent Core Features
- This hydroponic grow tent has a very large zippered entrance that gives you enough room to access the tent with your supplies and tools.
- There is a waterproof floor pan on the 8×4 grow tent, which can be removed easily for cleaning purposes. The floor tray is covered with a reflective Mylar film.
- The tubular frame is quite strong and the tent also comes with support bars that can be used for purposes of hanging the fans, carbon filter and the grow lights.
- Setting up the iPower gardening tent is quite easy as it has tool free connectors and a manual to follow.
- This plants growing indoor tent is fully light proof, thanks to the tear proof cover as well as the solid zippers
How Many Plants Fit in an indoor Growing Tent?
There a number of factors that will influence the number of plants that you can grow in the tent. For instance, the grow tent sizes play a critical role in this case. The size of the pots as well as the type of plants that you will have will also be essential in informing your decision on the number of plants to grow. However, you can use the light source as a guide to determine the number of plants that you will grow in your hydroponic tent. For each light source, you should have 2 to 4 plants. However, it is advisable to consider the recommendations from the manufacturer.
How To Properly Set Up Gardening Tents?
In most cases, the indoor tents are easy to set up and you will have nothing to worry about. As a matter of fact, each manufacturer will have a manual that details out the plans for setting up the grow tent. Hardly will you need any tools in installing the tents as most of them come with tool free connectors. To sum it up, here is a guide on the process of setting up an all in one growing tent:
- Growing tent kit
- Grow lights
- Carbon filter
Step 1: The Frame
Bring all the supplies to the place that you want to erect the tent and set up the frame here. In most cases, there will be connectors that you will use to connect different parts of the frame so as to have it erected. Ensure that all parts are in the right place.
Step 2: Grow Lights
With the frame in place, I will assume that you have fixed the support bars as well. Hang the grow lights on the support bars, but be sure that the support bar can handle the weight of the lights and any other accessories that you intend to hang in the indoor grow tent.
Step 3: Exhaust Fan
The quality growing tents will have an air circulation system. As such, you should connect the filter and ensure that it is strategically placed. You can use the rope ratchets so as to make the necessary adjustments.
Step 4: Carbon Filter
Some people do not find it necessary to have a carbon filter, but is essential and comes in handy for most top rated grow tents. If you want to have a carbon filter, it is important to hang it at the back of the tent.
Step 5: Outer Canvas
The high performance budget grow tent cannot be complete without the outer fabric. You should have it fixed and ensure that all corners are in place. The fabric is the one that comes with a reflective interior lining, which will enhance the intensity of the lights. Finally, place the floor tray inside the tent, ready for indoor gardening. This is the general process of setting up your best grow tent, but this may differ from model to model.
Read this articles https://gardenersyards.com/building-perfect-indoor-grow-room/ to know 10 Steps To Building The Perfect Indoor Grow Room
What a Quality Hydroponic Tent Kit Contains?
When you go shopping for the best brand gardening tent, it is imperative to ensure that you have a kit with all the accessories and features. This is the only way that the indoor gardening tent will be useful for you. Here are the main essentials in a grow tent:
The quality tent will have fans, which help in controlling the temperatures and also facilitate air circulation. The exhaust fan is one of the key fans that a tent needs to have.
- Grow lights:
The grow lights will be the source of light for the hydroponic grow tent. There are different types of grow lights, with most manufacturers recommending the LED lights.
Air circulation in the all in one grow tent is essential and this will be channeled through the ducting. This is paramount if you want to keep the plants fresh and also it will keep away the odor.
- Grow light hangers:
Grow light hangers, are also known as support bars and they will be used for hanging different accessories. It is important to confirm the maximum weight capacity that the grow hangers can support.
- Waterproof floor pan:
This will be on the floor and it is also removable and have a reflective material as well. This is where the plant pots will be placed and you can easily clean this tray from the hydroponic tent.
Q: How Do I handle the odor that comes from the indoor garden?
A: There are a number of ways of dealing with the odor inside the tent. You can ensure that it is tightly sealed, by having high quality zippers. In addition to this, you can have a carbon filter, which acts as an air purification system and other fans to keep the plant fresh.
Q: What is the ideal thickness of a tent fabric?
A: The growing tent fabric is meant to offer protection for your plants and as such, it needs to be of a reasonable density. The standard thickness for most grow tents is 600D. You should ensure that the fabric is tear proof and does not wear easily.
Q: Is the intake fan necessarily in the tent?
A: The intake fan is essential and you will need it when you are growing your plants hydroponically. This is one of the definite ways of ensuring that there is proper air circulation inside the indoor tent.
Q: What is the right height for a growing tent?
A: When considering the height of the tent, you should bear in mind the type of plants that you need to grow. One of the best ways to ensure that you do not have to worry about the height is by getting a grow tent that has adjustable poles.
Q: Which grow lights work best in the hydroponic tent?
A: There are so many different types of grow lights that you can use for indoor gardening. However, the LED lights are the best as they will give you adequate lighting and do not consume too much energy.
With the right size and high quality tents, you can convert any space into an indoor garden. The beauty of indoor gardening tents is that they come in all manner of sizes and styles and as such, you can pick one that is suitable for you. The hydro gardening tent reviews that I have done on this guide are to serve as a guide so as to help you identify the best grow tent for the money. As long as you can follow the recommendations on this guide, you should find the ideal tent.
I recommend the Quictent SGS Approved Eco-friendly 48″x48″x71″ Roof Cube Tent as the top quality growing tent brand for all gardeners. This is an indoor system that will serve your needs effectively. If this guide is of great help, please share it around so as to keep people informed on the best indoor grow systems.