Bonsai trees are considered an excellent option for office and home décor. Not only because they look gorgeous, but Bonsai trees have significant psychological and health benefits.
They are the Japanese way of cultivating on a small scale in ornamental pots, which exhibits the minimalist Japanese way of living.
The roots and branches are trimmed off to make them dwarf. These plants are the best option to adopt when you don’t have enough space at home. You can ornament your stairs and balconies space using heart-robbing bonsai plants.
If you are not an expert in planting and looking forward to growing bonsai trees, here are some best bonsai starter kits to start. Or in case you want to gift either on birthdays or special events, bonsai trees are the coolest option for tree lovers. Let’s see the best Bonsai Starter kit options you can find easily on Amazon.
Nature Blossom Bonsai Starter Kit
Nature’s blossom bonsai kit consists of 4 varieties of seeds: Jacaranda, Pinus Aris tata, Pinus Thunbergii, and Black Spruce.
Jacaranda works perfectly for decorative purposes and adds to the aesthetic look of your room. Pinus Aris tata is a stunningly beautiful tree that has needle-shaped leaves, and it’s all green plant.
Moreover, Pinus Thunbergii is the best option to gift someone as it has a unique appearance with white foliage. That’s an artistic piece to present someone who loves art. And last one Black Spruce for growing indoor plants.
Black Sprouce is also one of the popular ones among the different Nature Blossom Bonsai Starter Kits.
Why do you think your expertise is needed to grow bonsai trees when Nature blossom bonsai tree seed starter kit is available?
So, kick start with the instructions that are provided and get yourself an eye-catching Bonsai that also gives you several health benefits.
- Ready to plant seed kits
- 4 biological seeds bag
- 4 soil pellets
- 4 vases for plants
- 4 labels to identify seed kind
- Compressed seed staring soil with all the necessary nutrients
- Biodegradable plants made of non-synthetic materials
- User-friendly handbook for a guide
- Seeds with a high germination rate
- The seeds are organic and GMO-free
- Nature’s blossom bonsai kit doesn’t have specified instructions. Customers may find it difficult and get disappointed.
The kit is designed to have all the fundamental tools required to get going also contains a complete guide provided in the most beautiful way possible for beginners and all age groups.
If the instructions are not clear for you, they compensate it by providing the guideline keys online.
Don’t get stressed if you have any queries about the product or questions regarding the nourishing bonsai tree. All can be sorted out by them. Just go and ask your queries on Amazon and they always welcome the questions and answer within a short period.
Planters’ Choice Bonsai Starter Kit
The Planters’ Choice Bonsai Starter Kit has all the objectives to succeed in the process of growing Bonsai. Seeds are protected in vials to promote germination and sprouting.
The kit includes a variety of Bonsai Trees seeds, including the Rocky Mountain Bristlecone Pine, Norway spruce, Flame Tree, and Black Poi.
It seems customer satisfaction is their first and foremost priority as they provide a 100 % money-back guarantee. So, if you don’t get satisfied with the product quality, you can claim for repayment. If you are creative enough, you will enjoy this starter kit and will surely cherish it.
You can also plant the seeds outdoor or indoor entirely depending on your choice. However, if you are an amateurish Bonsai owner, you will have to research further on bonsai care, information, and growing process as it’s just a growing kit to get started with.
After sprouting and germination, read and research on Bonsai to get better results.
The company provides a manual that contains easy step-by-step instructions.
If you are not equipped with the green thumb skill, you don’t have to panic as you are in great hands with the manual.
- genuine quality brand
- 4 different kinds of seeds in vials kept protected in a single sleek box
- 4 biodegradable pots and soil disks
- Exclusive Bonsai plant markers
- Clipper is another additional
- No stratification is needed for the seeds
- The seeds germinate in any season regardless
- Money-back guarantee when the customer is not satisfied with the purchase.
- The seeds might not always germinate
- You have to be experienced to deal with this Bonsai kit
The kit is complete for all those looking for the right kit for Bonsai Tree. Extra seeds are also available with the kit.
Another plus point for buyers is the planter’s choice bonsai starter kits provide a 100% guarantee to their customers.
So, if you are not happy with the product quality or facing any issue, they give you money back. Moreover, the brand claims that seeds will germinate if you follow the guidelines carefully.
AshBookOutdoors Bonsai Starter Kits
The AshBookOutdoors’ bonsai starter kit is heaven for you if you love Bonsai Trees, and cultivating them is your hobby. It contains 43 pieces having eight kinds of seeds.
If you are fond of planting, this kit offers you a considerable amount of seeds to cultivate. The starter kit is easy to follow if you are new to planting Bonsai.
The seeds it contains are the Flame tree, which is charming and included in the most beautiful flowers in the world.
You can decorate your home with his gorgeous plant and gift it to loved ones. The second one Jacaranda Mimosifolia has an appealing look due to purple flowers.
Indeed, it’s the best option to select for decoration purposes and give someone a present on birthdays.
The third one is Pinus Aris tata, which is of rocky mountain habitat and has a delightful appearance. And the last one is Norway spruce is a pretty good choice for charismas tree. You can gift someone on charismas day.
- 8 distinctive seeds protected with moisture-resistant vials
- 4 different types of Bonsai Trees
- Moisture resistant Pots, soil disks, and trays
- Fertilized soil of good quality
- Labels to make the identification of seeds easy and convenient for you
- A brochure is also given with a pdf format document
- They offer basic tools like clippers, trays, and tweezers.
- Repayment facility available if the customer is not satisfied with the service and quality.
- This kit might not be the best choice for you if you like indoor Bonsai Plants.
- Conifers, pine, and spruce are not for in-door, probably will die inside.
- 15-degree Fahrenheit outsides are suitable for these plants
The kit carries 43 biological seeds in different varieties. Soil is also fertilized and of good quality. They offer better customer service with a money-back guarantee in case of any issue.
Bonsai Starter Kit By Garden Republic
If you are looking for Non-GMO seeds to cultivate and you will experience it the first time, then trust me, it’s the best option to buy a kit from here.
They provide new seeds if the previous one doesn’t germinate.
The kit has different plant seeds like Jacaranda Mimosifolia (Brazilian Rosewood), Pinus Aris tata (Rocky Mountain Bristlecone Pine), Delonix Regia (Flame Tree) and Picea Mariana (Black Spruce).
This is also a fantastic gift option for anyone who’d like these beautiful-looking Bonsai Trees.
Like Bonsai trees require an extra bit of effort for their clean looks, you’ll have to get used to this particular kit if, especially, you are new to non-GMO seeding cultivation.
Therefore, you have to grind in some time to get your hands set for operation on this bonsai kit.
- 4 Unique seeds with labels
- Soil disc is provided
- Additional seeds available
- Pots covered with a burlap bag
- You have to soak seeds for a day then plant them.
Appealing packaged wood box with the seeds and pots is all good to gift your loved ones and plant lovers.
Don’t worry. These are not the only things, but the e-book is also available to guide you throughout your gardening process.
Sower’s Source Bonsai Starter Kit
The Bonsai Tree kit by Sower’s source has five unique packs of seeds. Even if you are a beginner, don’t hesitate to get started as it is a user-friendly kit.
Stratification is not needed, so the seeds germinate quickly. The seeds of yew, maple, elm, juniper, and bodhi are provided in the kit.
The problem most people faced was seed fails to sprout even they claim every step given in the guideline is followed correctly.
However, this kit is comparatively easy in its operation, making it a perfect tool t get started as a Bonsai tree gardener.
Moreover, it provides excellent sprouting and can be cultivated wherever you want, like small flats.
They also provide excellent customer support, which is an excellent post-payment facility.
- Perfect kit for beginners
- Five different seeds packed ten pellets for soil mixing
- 5 eco-friendly pots for plants.
- 5 Plant labels help in recognizing the plants
- Convenient and user-friendly gardening for newbies and as well as skilled persons.
- Plant markers included in the kit
- Tools like Trimmers are not available
With plant labels, five varieties of plants can be grown from sowers sources starter kit.
Sower’s source bonsai tree starter kit is easier to organize and has beautiful bonsai trees you will love to cultivate and watch them grow. All you need is to follow the instructions carefully and have little patience. Buy them online and grow at a convenient time.
The Superfly Bonsai Tree Starter Kit
It contains three types of seeds, i.e., Japanese black pine, Japanese purple wisteria, and the dawn redwood.
The professional experts in Bonsai have designed the guideline to get help and grow trees by yourself.
Pots given for training bonsai have a proper shape for Bonsai and are plastic. Young trees can nourish well in these pots and maintain a good shape.
The kit has three Levels from Level 1 to Level 3, which make sit quite viable for beginners.
The kit is composed of three levels:
- Level 1 contains three seed varieties, environmentally friendly pots, soil pellets, and tags for plant identification. The manual guide gives all the necessary info needed at basic levels to start growing bonsai trees.
- Level 2 comprises three kinds of seeds, separate plastic pots for germination and for bonsai training, trays, premium soil, professional germination soil and organic fertilizers with a booklet that provides a quick guideline to get started. It contains everything needed for the 3-5-year growth of the plant.
- Level 3 kit contains all the equipment and tools given in level 2 besides the wire, cutter soil scoop, and pruning shearer. Moreover, plastic pots are excluded in this kit, in place of that, six mini-greenhouse are given.
This is good for plant growth for up to 10 years. Finished Bonsai and round bonsai pots are not included.
- Step by step guide is provided. Every beginner can understand and follow the steps easily.
- The quality of the accessories given is the best one.
- The seeds are of biological source obtained from the nursery; they are not genetically modified.
- Each batch is tested before being sold
- Some may find instructions unclear.
- Packaging issues a few of the tools were not found.
Full screening of every seed batch is done before shipping for customer satisfaction.
They deliver the best quality possible seeds, but not all seeds will germinate; that’s not the rule of thumb. For this possibility, extra seeds are included with the kit. Also, you have a proper 10-year guideline and tools for Bonsai cultivation.
This can be an excellent present for anyone who loves to plant Bonsai trees.
How To Grow Your Bonsai Tree
Once you have the right Bonsai kit, you can grow your favorite Bonsai tree. Though it takes some time to grow, it is worth all the effort when you see the Bonsai growing and adding a plus to the aesthetic sense of your room or lawn.
Let’s now tell you how you can Prune, Wire, and Repot your Bonsai tree in three easy steps:
Pruning the tree
Pruning the tree with care is essential while cutting the branches of the bonsai tree. It mostly depends on the shape you want to create your plant in.
Start with freeing the trunk and move upwards by removing the branches. Be careful about the branches you opt to remove, as it takes them years to grow back. Use a concave cutter to prune larger branches.
Once you are done with the larger branches, move to the smaller ones.
Wiring the Bonsai
Wiring the Bonsai is the next important step while preparing your Bonsai tree. Start wiring starting from the larger branches and wire at an angle of 45 degrees.
As a thumb rule, it is said to use a wire about 1/3 the size of the thickness of the branch. Keep wiring the branches together till you get your desired shape. It is also advised to wire together that have a similar thickness. It is a crucial step before you position or bend the branches.
Firstly, prepare the Bonsai pot by placing a plastic mesh on the water holes. Next, you place two wires that will be used to tie the tree to the pot.
Unravel the roots using a root hook and also prune any roots where needed. Now place the tree into the pot and add good soil so that all the roots are covered. Tie the plant using the wires we already placed to keep it fixed in place. When the plant is fixed properly and covered with soil, water your beautiful Bonsai!
FAQ About Bonsai Starter Kits
Do they provide genetically modified seeds?
No, the starter kits contain organic seeds, and the soil is also nutrient-enriched.
Do bonsai seeds need sun?
These bonsai trees can be kept in-door and outdoor, provided with all basic requirements like sufficient sunlight and air. All you need to do is read the instructions in the brochure given with starter kits where the plant’s habitat climatic conditions are mentioned. Follow the guidelines carefully.
Do bonsai trees grow fast?
Your patience level should be high when planting Bonsai. They cannot grow fast, give them time and attention seeds will germinate slowly.
Do I need specific tools when growing bonsai trees?
Yes, there is a need for some equipment like wire, tweezers, bonsai soil, etc. all are included in the starter kit.
Where can I find the bonsai starter kit online?
You can order online from the Amazon.com website from anywhere in the world.
What kind of fertilizer is needed for bonsai plants?
In most cases, the starter kit offers fertilizers as well. Otherwise, the kit contains information regarding which type of fertilizer should be used. You may pick organic fertilizers for your plants.
Which species of plant can be grown as Bonsai?
That depends on your interest in which plants you want to cultivate and the choice of the starter kit. Read all the information about the product and choose which variety of seeds you want to buy.